1. Install the motion-controlling card and driving software
a) Insert the motion-controlling card into the PCI slot on the main board of the computer.
b) Setup the driving software
2. Start laser
a) Make sure the cooling water circulation pipes of laser tube is correctly connected without any leak.
b) Insert the power plug of laser tube’s cooling water circulation pump to the output power socket at the back of engraving machine.
c) Ensure the circulation pipes are filled with cooling water.
d) Ensure the cooling water in the circulation pipes can circulated smoothly.
e) Ensure the blowing system is connected correctly. Insert the power plug of the gas compressor to the output power socket at the back of engraving machine.
f) Connect outer power supply with exhaust fan and turn it on.
g) Turn on the main power supply.
h) Turn on the laser power supply
3. Turn on the engraving machine’s driver system
a) Ensure the connection between the engraving machine and the computer is correct.
b) Ensure there is nothing to block the laser head of the engraving machine and other move parts.
c) Ensure there is no impediment on the engraving machine’s light way.
d) Ensure the light way of engraving machine is on the right way and with no deflection.
e) Turn on power of the engraving machine’s driver system.
f) Turn on the computer power.
Caution: The laser the machine used is high-energy invisible light. It’s harmful for human health and can get burn combustible easily! Before making sure the light way is correct, don’t turn on the power of the driver. In the case the machine is turned on, turning the power of the driver on may inspire the laser!
4. Laser focus adjustment and setting means of two kinds of focalizing lens
a) There must be a material which as thick as work-piece on the working table under the focus lens.
b) The focus point is about 10mm under the laser head. (The convexity of the focalizing lens should be installed upside.)
c) Through adjusting laser focus head and pillow work-piece, place the surface of work-piece on the focus exactly.
d) Press the laser light-testing button. There will appear a laser light and boil away a point on the work-piece underneath which is watering for engraving.
e) Through adjust easel of focus lens to find out the focus place which most centralized of laser power and where appear the minimum burning point on the material surface. The point is the place where is the best focus. You’d better move the focus lens and try more times on different places of experiment material surface. (left-up, left-down, right-up, right-down, center.)
f) If the thickness of the work- piece is out of the adjusting range of the focus lens easel, the work-piece should be taken out of the grid worktable.
g) CHAOSTEC series of products supply the easel for lens whose focus is 50mm/100mm. For the lens whose focus is 50mm, undo the cone-shaped spiracle at the bottom of the easel and install the lens above spiracle (the larger part). For the lens whose focus is 100mm, undo the cone-shaped spiracle at the bottom of the easel, remove the lens whose focus is 50mm, pull out the sleeve (the long lens socket) inside the gliding column, put the lens on the top of the sleeve, lay back the sleeve with the lens inside the gilding column and finally screw up the cone-shaped spiracle.
The setting means of focus lens
The setting means of short focus lens
a) Make sure the long focus have not been installed at the long focus lens socket.
b) Install the short focus lens into the short focus lens socket.
c) Install the short focus lens cohere with the lower end of the long focus lens socket into the mirror frame. After the outside screw thread connected with the inside screw thread, circumrotate the screw thread.
The setting means of long focus lens
a) Make sure that short focus lens have not been installed at the short focus lens socket.
b) Install the long focus lens into the long focus lens socket.
c) Install the short focus lens cohere with the lower end of the long focus lens socket into the mirror frame. After the outside screw thread connected with the inside screw thread, circumrotate the screw thread.
Note: the short lens (f=50) is suitable for scanning, engraving and cutting thin material (< 8mm);
the long lens (f=100) is suitable for thick material.
5. Introduction of the machine original orientation and the engrave range
The default origin is at left-up corner. You can know the correct work-piece location by the software’s function of location. It can also be known by moving the laser focus head with the direction button on the control panel.
6. Manual of the button in the control panel
a) Reset button
Press the reset button, the machine returns to the origin and resumes all defaults.
b) Four arrow buttons
Only press an arrow button, the laser carriage moves by the direction.
c) Pause button
Press pause button, the machine will stop in its current mode. Press it again, and the machine continues to work.
d) Enter button
Press enter button when the design of engraving/ cutting content is completed and the parameters are set, and then the machine began to work.
7. LED display
Figures displayed on LED on the control panel are the electric current of the laser driver power. Its unit is mA. It reflects the strength of the power of the laser.
8. Tips for turning on and off the machine
a) Steps for turning on the machine
First turn on the main power supply, and then come to the power of the driver, and finally that of the laser.
b) Steps for turning off the machine
First turn off the power of the laser, and then come to the power of the driver, and finally the main power supply.
Chaostec Series of Laser Engraving Machine are compatible with the graph software based on HPGL instructions, for example, AUTOCAD, CORELDRAW, etc.
Note: Just click region button once to edit skeleton pictures created by AUTOCAD, which is helpful for taxis.
Installment of the Motion Controlling Card & Some Explanations
1. Insert the Motion Controlling Card into the PCI slot on the computer main board. Fix it by bolts and make sure the juncture between the card and the PCI slot reliable.
2. Turn on the computer power and put the driving disk of the card matched with the laser machine into the CD-ROM. After the card is automatically tested by the computer, search for the driver of the card from CD-ROM in the Windows system and confirm the instruction.
If the computer doesn’t test the card, take out the disk, shut the computer and start the operation above again.
If the controlling software is started and reminds that the card hasn’t been installed, please shut the computer, screen the Sound Blaster Card and some other cards in the computer and install the Motion Controlling Card again.
Installment of the Soft Dog
Insert the soft dog into the serial port at the back of the computer and turn on the computer. After the computer tests the soft dog automatically, start the driving system of the soft dog.
Basic operation on the control panel
1. The operation on the control panel is available only when out selected in the parameter set of the software. You can also move Y dimension pulley by the up/ down/ left/ right button on the control panel.
2. Figures displayed on LED on the control panel are the electric current of the laser driver power. Its unit is mA. It reflects the strength of the power of the laser.
Safety measures and maintenance
1. Laser power is high voltage equipment, disassembled arbitrarily is forbidden. Do not break the electric and magnetic shield and take care of the aeration and cooling.
2. The cable connected with laser power and outlet must be earth reliably.
3. Cooling water in laser tube should be clean and replaced regularly, the water must be under good circulation, in which it can release heat easily.
4. Before turn on the laser power, make sure the cooling water can circulate well.
5. When air temperature is too low in winter, the water in the laser tube must be drained out after shut laser machine to avoid icing.
6. The cable connected with the power of the driving system must be earth reliably.
7. Don’t open the hatch when the machine is working or the laser power is on.
8. Stand off combustible and easy explosive matter.
9. Use the equipment in clean environment surrounding. Surrounding temperature :0?0 C; comparative humidity: 10-75%
10. The rail and wheel of the move part of machine should be kept clean. The column rail should be protected by wiping with lube after it is cleaned regularly. The linear rail should be protected by lubricant. The lubricating nipple of moving unit should be poured lubricant regularly.
11. The smoke discharging system and the aeration system must be kept free. The smoke discharging system and the aeration system must be turned on before turning on the laser machine.
Caution: During the machine is working, there must be some keeper to take charge of it!
Familiar trouble shooting
1. Focus laser head can’t radiate light
a.) Laser head can’t radiate light:
1) Laser power was not turned on. Turn on the laser power supply.
2) Some problem occurs in the junction between laser tube and laser power: connect it well.
3) The laser tube damaged because of aging: replace a new one.
4) The laser power supply damaged: replace a new power supply. There is no signal for laser radiation from the control system:
5) Examine the connection between the control system and the power of laser, and check the control system.
b.) Deflection of light way lens/ mirrors: reset light way.
c.) Cutting or engraving depth is not enough.
1) The setting of laser power export is too low: set the laser power output to a higher level in the software.
2) Cutting /engraving speed is too high: set the speed to a lower level in the software.
3) Reflex mirrors and focus lens in the light way have polluted or the plating reflex membrane of the mirrors surface and clarity increasing membrane of the lens surface damaged: clean the lens/ mirrors or change a new lens/mirrors.
4) The focus of lens is not in correct place: reset focus point.
5) Aging problem of laser tube: increase laser power setting value or change laser tube.
6) Output electric current not powerful enough: adjust the power supply or change to another one.
d.) After the computer output typesetting, the machine can’t move.
1) The power supply of driven system of engraving machine wan not turned on: turn the power on.
2) The communicate cable between computer an engraving machine is not connected well: turn off main power switch and connect them well.
3) The motion control card or the soft dog is not well installed.
e.) There are redundant threads in engraving or cutting course.
1) There are some problems with communication cable: Please change communication cable.
2) Engraving machine and computer are not earthed well: let the machine and computer earthed reliably.
3) There are creep age or the clutter in the computer power supply: change or maintain the computer power supply.
4) Computer system error: Reinstall computer operation system or change another computer.
5) There are too many temporary files in the computer: clear the computer system in time and delete the temporary files.
6) Application software error: reinstall application software and setup the driven software.
7) If using the machine in moisture surrounding and lots of dust accumulating on the machine case, communication cable or the inside connection line will make the power discharge disturb: clean and warm-up the machine before use it.
8) Unsteadiness of outer power caused by power disturbance: choose an more pure power supply.
9) There are high frequency disturb source around the machine: keep away with the high frequency disturb source.
f.) The output is rejected, there are something discord locally, or file is missed partly.
1) The design exceeds the range: check the range of the design, then reduce the design range to the appropriate range.
2) The file size is too large: reduce the setting definition, or increase the scanning step distance, or to scan (engraving function) without pre-accelerate.
Caution: if there is any problem, the problems must be managed under the direction of professional person form dealer or producer, or managed by professional persons from dealer or producer themselves.
Installment of the Software & Basic Operation of the Software
After the Motion Controlling Card and the Soft Dog are installed, unfold the explorer in windows system, start the software of the Motion Controlling Card in the disk and setup it.
Laser Marking System V2004
I. System Disposing
1．Run above CPU486, RAM 32M.
3．One 3.5?Floppy Drive，one CD Driver，at least 1G Hard Disk。
4．Window95/98/NT operational system.
II. System Installation
1. Hardware Installation
Turn off the computer power, and insert the softdog into LPT terminal.
2. Software Installation
Run SETUP installation program on the CD directly, and then operate according to the guide on the display. After finishing the installation, LASERMARK swift icon will be produced. In order to make the best result of showing, propose setting the tabletop of the screen into 800*600 resolution and little style fonts.
After finishing the installation of the CD, please copy the character library file from special-purpose figure and script catalogue to installation catalogue.
III. To start system
Dblclick LASERMARK icon in the Windows system and then enter into program interface.
IV. System Maintenance and Upgrading.
The buyer could contact developer at any time to get the newest upgrading information of software.
V. Software Operation
A. Software Interface
The above picture is the software interface, it is mainly composed of Menu, Toolbar, Editing Area, Status bar, List Frame, Property Page, etc.
The menu is including Files, Graphics, Edit, Options, Help.
There are NEW, OPEN, SAVE etc. subsidiary function menus when drawing up the file operation menu; In addition, there is every function option related to print.
There is each sub function menu of basic element of picture forming when tagging the picture designing menu.
The editing menu is including three sub function menu (cut, copy, paste).
The three above-mentioned sub function menus are all have corresponding swift keys in Toolbar: among them Graphics menu is corresponding to the Toolbar on the left side; the File menu and Edit menu are corresponding to the top horizontal Toolbar.
When tagging the Options menu, there are tool bar, Status Bar, delete sub function menu. These sub function menu is used to display or hind tool Bar, Status Bar, and editing area respectively. When the sub function menu with a hoop means that is in the state of displaying.
The Help menu is used to point out version of the software.
C. Status Bar
The State Bar at the bottom of the interface is mainly used to showing the current operation or state.
While mouse cursor move on each sub function menu or the swift button of Toolbar, the left side of the Status Bar will appear character direction in order to providing the concrete function of each menu or the button clicked.
While mouse cursor placing in the editing area, the Horizontal and Vertical coordinates will be appear at the middle parts of the Status Bar for showing the current position of the mouse cursor.
There is current marking time and amount marking number showing on the Status Bar.
In addition, there is Current Step distance display at the right side of the Status Bar.
D. List Frame
Each item in the List Frame shows the image elements that have already produced in the editing area.
The content in the List Frame will change along with the change of the image elements in the editing area, as above picture shows: a circle image element, a rectangle image element, two lines of text appears in the Editing Area. The List Frame shows Line_text1, Line_text2, Rectangle1, Circle1 correspondingly. The figure at the end of list item in the List Frame is used to distinguish different image elements in same type.
To choose the current image element by using mouse click list item. As above picture shows, when click Circle1 item, the current editing image is the circle on the lower right side.
When there is none image element or select nothing of image element, the current list item is Parameter Setting Option on the top of the List Frame. Parameter Setting Option is interrelates with the systematic parameter.
It can change the marking order through UP and DOWN button.
E. Property Page
The Property Page is used for modification current image element or systematic parameter. The Property Page area could offer corresponding 1?/span>3 Property Pages to each different state in editing area. It can change different Property page by click the different header.
Each Property Page has different editing frame, button etc. in order to realize the parameter setting or modification. Its concrete function will be introduced in detail in the follow-up chapter. This chapter will introduce the parameter setting property page.
Page one of this Property Frame is the parameter setting, as the picture showing as above, it is mainly used for systematic parameter setting. In the upper part of this page have 12 editing frames and its corresponding fine setting button use for setting the parameter.
The step distance shows in the right ends of Status Bar, could increase and reduce step distance through two small buttons.
Every corresponding item in the Property Page is explained as follows:
1．Edit size: the size of the editing area , regard mm. as the unit.
2．Grid Size：It is the size of grid in the editing area, regard mm. as the unit.
3．Scale X：The horizontal proportion between the actually image size of output and the image size of editing, the default value is 1. 0.
4．Scale Y：The vertical proportion between the actually image size of output and the image size of editing, the default value is 1. 0.
5．X Y Exchange：Exchange X, Y axle while output;
-X：Reverse X axle when output;
-Y：Reverse Y axle when output;
6． Home After Marking：It is used for laser pen going to the home point after finishing the laser marking.
7． Home X、Y：It is used for setting the home point.
Corresponding single button could set 8 different color layers from black color to white color, thus this function could realize laser stratification output according to different color editing layer.
1．Mark Num：It is the output repetition number of times of a certain color layer.
2． Laser Power：The output power range of the laser marking machine is 1?/span>100.
3．Cut Speed：The cut speed range of the laser marking machine is 1?/span>200mm/s.
4．Carve Speed：The carve speed range of the laser marking machine is 1?/span>1000mm/s.
5．Clearance compensation：When using scanning output or carving style，the speed is very high，the laser may not turn on in time. We use this parameter to compensate the slip.
6．Accelerating Length：When using scanning output or carving style，the laser pen need an
accelerating length to reach a high carve speed.
7．Combine scanning output：Check the option to choose carve style.
When clicking Scanning Area layer on the top of Property Frame, the following Property Page appears. This Property Page is mainly used for parameter setting of Scanning Area. Scanning Area refers to the red frame in the Editing Area. The Scanning Area is mainly supply a reference frame to scanning output method and image transformation. In addition, the centre of the Scan Area is the centre of the Orientation Frame too.
Every corresponding item in the above Attribute Page is explained as follows:
1．Offset X: the centre abscissa of the Scanning Area.
2．Offset Y: the centre ordinate of the Scanning Area.
3．Size X: the width of the Scanning Area.
4．Size Y: the height of the Scanning Area.
5．Resolution: It functions under scanning output method and picture transform occasion, and the unit is dot/mm.
6．Interval: It functions under scanning output method and picture transform occasion, used for confirming the distance between scanning lines.
7．Outline：It is a single choice button, and used for confirm the scanning area shape.
8．Scanning Style: It is a single choice button, it functions under scanning output method and picture transform occasion, it is used for confirming the scanning method. Gravure: Gravure scanning output will mark the image inside of the scanning area; Anastatic: Anastatic scanning output will mark the image outside of the scanning area.
9． Scanning Direction: It is a single choice button, it is used for selecting horizontal direction or vertical direction.
When clicking Motor parameter layer on the top of Property Frame, the following Property Page appears. This Property Page is mainly used for parameter setting of motor and so on.
Every corresponding item in the above Attribute Page is explained as follows:
1． Motor Resolution(pulses/mm)：It defines the connection between motor pulse and the actual moving distance.
2． Move low speed(mm/s)：It defines the start speed of motor when the laser is off.
3． Move high speed(mm/s)：It defines the working speed of motor when the laser is off.
4． Move acceleration(mm/s.s)：It defines the speed from start speed to high speed when the laser is off. If the value is too low or moving distance is too small the motor will not reach the high speed. If the value is too high the motor will not move smoothly.
5． Cut low speed(mm/s)：It defines the start speed in cut style.
6． Cut acceleration(mm/s.s)：It defines the speed from start speed to working speed in cut style.
7． Carve low speed(mm/s)：It defines the start speed in carve style.
8． Push low speed(mm/s)：It defines the start speed in carve style when laser pen moves from one scanning line to another scanning line.
9． Push high speed(mm/s)：It defines the working speed in carve style when laser pen moves from one scanning line to another scanning line.
10． Push acceleration (mm/s.s)：It defines the acceleration in carve style when laser pen moves from one scanning line to another scanning line.
11． Carve optimize：Check will define a quick carve style.
12． Timer reset：It will reset the timer.
F. Editing Area
Editing Area is an area where image can be produced, modified and transformed in. The size of the out frame can be changed through setting the parameter. But this out frame only function as reference thing to the designed image, so the image can be gone beyond of the out frame range.
To move horizontal and vertical roll on the Editing Area edge in order to getting bigger field of vision, also could use Increase Step-distance and Decrease Step-distance button on the Toolbar to zoom in or zoom out the Editing Area too.
Among Editing Area the most important operation is shirr operation. Shirr refers to a broken line pane that has eight control dots. When click button on the left side of Toolbar, an image will be produced and an Shirr will be produced along with it either. At Editing Area have only one Shirr, the Shirr and figure that it control have corresponding relations.
It is easy to realize the production, moving and distortion of the Shirr through click, drag, move and unclamp mouse, and transform the image which controlled by the the Shirr consequently.
There are several kinds of methods to catch a certain image:
1．To use mouse clicking the image directly.
2．Through clicking one listing item that represents some figure in the List Box.
3．To drag the Shirr and make it surround one or several images selected.
4．When choose several figures, could choose one image first, then hold on Ctrl key, and click other figures at the same time.
There are two Toolbars: one is the Toolbar on the topside and the other is the Toolbar on the left side. They are mainly composed of each function button.
The Toolbar on the topside, when placing the mouse cursor on each function button, a yellow icon will appear to showing the name of the function button, and a explain will appear at the Status Bar (at the button of screen) at the same time.
Now introduce each function button of Toolbar in details from the left to the right.
1．New：Renew the Editing Area, and clean already edited figures.
2．Open: Open file, input already edited file into Editing Area.
3．Save：Save file, save all edited images in the Editing Area to appointed file.
4．Cut： Save selected images in the Editing Area to Cut Board, and clean all chosen images at the same time.
5．Copy：Save selected images in the Editing Area to Cut Board, and will not clean chosen images.
6．Stick：Stick the content in the Cut Board into Editing Area.
7．Mark: To start mark. Could use hot-key F1 to replacing this operation, and could stop marking by ESC key.
8．Zoom in: Zoom in the field of vision of Editing Area.
9．Zoom out: Zoom out the field of vision of Editing Area.
10. Center：Center the chosen image to the center of editing Area.
11. Left and Right：Align the chosen image from left or right.
12. Up and down: Align the chosen image from up or down.
13. X axle mirror image：To mirror the selected image along X axle.
14. Y axle mirror image：To mirror the selected image along Y axle.
15. Mode: To set the Output Mode of the image. Click button, a Dialogue will spring. Output or Display Style has Clockwise Outline, Anti_clockwise Outline, Filling. Mode will output in carve style and others will output in cut style.
16. Filling Style: Horizontally or Vertically method & set the resolution of image and Scanning interval.
17．Expand distance: to expand step distance of fine adjusting.
18．Narrow distance: to reduce step distance of fine adjusting.
19. Font：Set the font of editing characters.
20．Color: to change the layer color of the selected image.
21．Scatter: Break up a graphics as separation graphics.
22．Combine：Combine separation graphics into one graphics.
23．Locate Test: Click this button, the following screen image appears.
the above Property Frame has single Property Page, its corresponding parameter function as follows:
1．Offset X： The centre abscissa of the matrix.
2．Offset Y： The centre ordinate of matrix.
3．Length: The width of matrix.
4．Width: The height of matrix.
5．Edge Size: The edge width of the matrix.
6．Edge Style: The edge type of matrix, there are three kinds: Square, Round, Bevel.
7．Edge Radius: the radius of round angle rectangle or the bevel length of bevel angle rectangle.
8．Rows: The number of rows when the image is arranged with the array.
9．Columns: The number of columns when the image is arranged with the array.
10. X-Space: The horizontal interval when the image is arranged with the array.
11. Y-Space: The vertical interval when the image is arranged with the array.
12. Constrain Proportion: When selecting this function, the horizontal and vertical changes will be regulated automatically according to the same proportion.
Other operation method of simple figures is in the similar way, will not illustrate one by one.
A scene while clicking the characters button in line_text, it produce two Attribute Pages in the attribute frame. Page one is the whole Property of characters in line, its each parameter is explained as follows:
1．Offset X: The horizontal deviation of whole image.
2．Offset Y：The vertical deviation of whole image.
3．Length: The length of outline of whole characters.
4．Width: The width of outline of whole characters.
5．Size X: The width of single character.
6．Size Y: The length of single character.
7．Word Space: The interval distance between characters.
8．Angle: The whole inclination angle of characters.
9．Test Space: The interval between many rows of characters.
10. Serial interval: When check Serial text, it defines the interval between Serial num.
11．Text: Can input characters in this editing frame, after characters?inputting are finished, must click the lock button to lock for becoming effect.
12. Rows: It is the number of rows when images are arranged into array.
13. Columns: It is the number of columns when images are arranged into array.
14．X-space：It is the horizontal distance when images are arranged into array.
15．Y-space: It is the vertical distance when images are arranged into array.
16．Word Arrange: Choose horizontal or vertical method to arrange the character.
17．Text Aligned Style: there are four method: Left/Up, Right/Down, Center, Two Sizes.
When clicking the Single Word Property item, the above Property page appears. This Property page is used for control the shape of single character.
To change Size X, Size Y, Offset X, Offset Y, Angle, Font Width_X, Font Width_Y, etc through clicking the character in the list frame on the left side and then revising the parameter on the right side.
The Text Width_X and Text Width_Y at the lower part mean the parameter of adding thick to whole characters.
Notes: Parameters in this attribute page are all the relative quantity to the whole characters, so it could be positive number or negative number.
The design of Arc_text is similar to the above introduction, will not repeat to illustrate again.
While clicking BMP button, will spring a FileDialogue.
This software can dispose black-and-white or multi-grey level BMP picture.
Outline Convert: Produce corresponding VCT outline file of this picture through this button (aim for black-and-white BMP picture).
There are the following parameters showing in the Property frame:
1．Brightness: It can adjust the brightness of multi-grey level image.
2．Contrast: It can adjust the contrast of multi-grey level image.
3．Gate: It can adjust the Threshold of output value of multi-gray level image.
4．Resolution Property: Refers to the combination method of BMP image and background. There are two Property: Normal and Native.
5．This software offers Module, Dither and Threshold three ways to mark multi-gray level image.
When click and choose suitable PLT file, the following picture appears:
The little difference between editing BMP file and PLT file is: PLT file can divide into different layer, & change the layer color through setting the color option in Property Page.